Friday, December 7, 2007

Deliberately Attracting the Hicks - But Taking the Long Route to Them

I started listening to music on an MP3 player in 2007. I'd never had an MP3 player before and it was really fun to listen to new CDs (and old favorites) while I waited to pick up my sons from school.

Somehow, I came across a copy of Wayne Dyer’s Manifest Your Destiny audio book. I started listening to Dr. Dyer as I drove to and from work during the month of March, 2007.

Dr. Wayne Dyer Was My First Introduction to Deliberate Attraction

Dr. Dyer was the first person who I heard speak about deliberate creation. Or at least the first person whom I was in a mental, emotional, and spiritual place to comprehend and understand. (I had read many great books, like Think and Grow Rich and As a Man Thinketh, that taught deliberate creation, but I didn't "get it" because I was too overwhelmed with my lack and the need to fix myself)

What Wayne Dyer was teaching on Manifest Your Destiny made a lot of sense to me. It was logical and it was emotionally stirring. I started to get a little excited by his descriptions of learning to deliberately create.

At this point, as I have mentioned, my efforts to dig out of the financial ruins I’d created had gone nowhere. Time was running out for me; soon the doors would close and end my family’s ability to get out of this financial disaster. As Dr. Dyer spoke to me about manifesting abundance through intention, attention, and meditation, I listened eagerly because I was desperate for relief from our circumstances.

The conclusion of Manifest Your Destiny is an explanation of a manifesting meditation Dr. Dyer practices. I had known about meditation for many, many years and had even tried it sporadically. But meditation had never been a part of my regular daily routine.

With nothing to lose, I started meditating each morning per Wayne Dyer’s instructions. I sat cross-legged, imagined good feelings and abundance flowing from my pelvis out through my forehead, and voiced the sound, “Ahhhh.” Wayne Dyer had promised me that I would begin to see miracles occur with this mediation technique.

And I did. But they weren't the miracles I expected; I found another teacher who led me to greater understanding of how deliberate my creation could be.

Like a Lot of People, I Found The Secret

Around the time I started meditating, I gave a listen to The Secret audio book someone had given me a month ago. I was curious because of the massive media coverage and I had some time to kill – so I loaded The Secret onto my MP3 player and started listening.

To be honest I was amazed by the book. And very excited. But not satisfied. I believed the book was telling me the truth, but something felt lacking.

The "Ahhh" Meditation Continued to Manifest Abundance

I started searching the Internet for "law of attraction" and "deliberate attraction" to find out what was missing. During my search I came across the website of Esther and Jerry Hicks. I didn't know who they were, but I downloaded their free MP3 files to my player and, as I listened, I was introduced to what was missing from The Secret.

The Hicks gave clear instructions for how to deliberately attract what I desire and how to manifest abundance.

My journey didn’t stop there, of course. I still need to tell you what actions I took to deliberately create my desires. And tell you I will. Stay tuned…

To the God in You,
Gregory K

By the way, if you're interested in learning about the very real science behind the law of attraction and how to manifest abundance, read my lens on Squidoo.

2 comments:

Grace Wilson said...

So, whats the missing piece?

Grace
http://www.SantaSal.com/family/index.php?rid=9844

Gregory said...

Hey Grace! Thanks for posting your comment. The missing piece is how you feel!

Please keep reading!

To the God in You,
Gregory