Sunday, December 9, 2007

Deliberate Attraction and the First Day I Accepted Real Responsibility

I remember it like yesterday. July 16th, 2007 at 7:35 pm. I went jogging with some files on my MP3 player titled “Abraham Hicks”. I had no idea what they contained except that the topic would be the law of attraction.

Channeling? I Almost “Turned the Channel”

I had never heard of channeling until that evening. I almost switched to a music file when I first heard channeling mentioned. I still can’t say that I’m totally on board with the idea, even today.

(Esther Hicks channels Abraham. Abraham is a spiritual teacher who speaks through Esther Hicks. But don’t worry if you have any doubts about channeling. I still have them too! Channeling is the least important thing about the Hicks’ beautiful message, as far as I’m concerned)

But I didn’t turn it off and what I heard was a very clear, precise message that sounded and felt just like the missing keys to the kingdom. Esther Hicks described, step-by-step, exactly how to deliberately attract my desires! I finished from my jog and continued listening excitedly in my living room.

Having spent so much time studying quantum physics I knew that what I was hearing made scientific sense. (You can read about all that on my manifesting abundance lens on Squidoo) I was filled with an incredible hope that, perhaps, there was a way to dig my family out from this huge financial mess I’d created.

And, perhaps, that hope did involve all that self-help, positive-thinking stuff I’d thrown to the curb a couple years ago. This MP3 file from the Hicks, I thought, was showing me the action steps I was getting wrong for all those years.

And in fact, it was my “actions” themselves that were wrong! Esther Hicks revealed that our feelings (not our actions) are the most important thing in our deliberate attraction. Feelings are 1000 times more important than any actions; how you feel about something you do is always going to trump what you do.

I’d Been All Action and No Feeling

In an instant I recognized that my actions to remedy this financial disaster had been filled with, and motivated by, dread, fear, and worry. Although I was now consulting all the right people and doing all the right things to extricate my family, I constantly worried, stressed, and played out all the worst-case, “what-if” scenarios! Consequently, I was seeing no positive results – I was manifesting what I had always manifested!

And when I thought back to when I was making my original investments I recognized that, although I took some right actions, my actions were filled with, and motivated by, fear, lack, need, and scarcity. Although I had done a lot of work to make my investments successful, I had been constantly plagued by fears of failure, worries of not having enough, and a need to be “fixed” by becoming rich. Consequently, I manifested exactly those same horrible things I constantly thought about!

I wouldn’t have mattered if I had been tutored by Warren Buffet himself, that night I finally understood why my ventures were 100% doomed to failure. And it was not because of bad luck, God turning his back on me, or my business partner turning out to be a crook. It was because of how I felt!

The Freedom of Accepting Responsibility (Healthily)

Oh, I’ve got plenty of what my favorite LOA teacher, James Arthur Ray, calls “good stories” to justify the absolute, terrifying mess I was in. I won’t go into them here, but you know what I mean. All my reasons and explanations, which sounded great as a sob story on a bar stool, for why I failed.

I had blamed God, my parents, my business partners, my friends, and my family for my failure - any easy target available was a focus at some point (“…someone has to be responsible for this!”) Mostly I blamed it all on myself. But, as I’ve described in this blog, not in a healthy way.

Now I accepted responsibility for this disaster, but in a healthy, productive way. This was a different sort of responsibility; it was hope that I felt. Because if my feelings had caused me to manifest scarcity and failure, I knew that my feelings could also manifest the abundance I had always sought!

But first, I knew that I had to use my feelings to manifest an escape from this crushing, impending financial apocalypse. Time was running out! I knew what I had to do; I had to save my family!

There is so much more to tell. Stay tuned…I’m telling it all right here.


To the God in You,
Gregory K

By the way, if you're interested in learning about the very real science behind the law of attraction and how to manifest abundance, read my lens on Squidoo.

No comments: