Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Deliberate Attraction is No More a Secret than Gravity

My attorney had already given me a warning that her ability to hold off my lenders to whom I was in default was coming to an end. It was July, 2007 and I was given a window of, optimistically, November, 2007 before it would all be over and I would be facing bankruptcy and the loss of all our possessions.

Obviously I was very motivated to make changes that would bring about the deliberate attraction of money!

I Asked for Solutions and They Were Given

The very first thing I did was acquire the Hicks’ phenomenal book, Ask and It Is Given. In my last blog entry, I mentioned my misgivings about the concept of channeling and I must admit I was comforted to see the forward by Wayne Dyer (my first introduction to deliberate attraction). I tore through that book like a thirsty man who finds a jug of fresh water in the desert!

By the time I finished Ask and It Is Given, I agreed with Neale Donald Walsch (Author of the Conversations with God series) that it was the only self-help book anyone would ever need (except mine, of course!) I already had a good understanding of the quantum physics behind deliberate attraction and now I was learning how to actually apply that knowledge in my life.

The Hicks Taught Me Things I Already Knew, But Didn’t Know I Knew!

Of course, that last sentence in the previous paragraph is not technically correct. Because you, me, and every other person is already applying this knowledge in their lives on a daily basis. You couldn’t stop deliberately attracting if you tried.

As Esther Hicks has said, calling the law of attraction a “secret” is like calling the law of gravity a secret. It doesn’t matter if you don’t know about the law of gravity, you’re still falling when you step off the roof! Likewise, it doesn’t matter if you know about the law of attraction, you’re still deliberately attracting every second of every day.

And it doesn’t matter whether you believe in the law of attraction either! Does it matter if you believe in the law of gravity? Of course not! You couldn’t stop deliberately attracting your reality if you wanted to.

Now Armed with the Proper Information and Instructions, I Was Ready to Attract Abundance

I learned all this from Ask and It Is Given and I was filled with hope! I now understood how the law of attraction was bringing me all this incredible stress, strain, and failure. Now I was ready to start deliberately attracting the stuff I actually wanted!

The law of attraction was bringing me stress, strain, and failure because of how I felt. Plain and simple. End of the story. My beliefs regarding money were all about money being scarce, evil, and necessary to “fix” me. It didn’t matter how well-guided my actions were regarding money, my beliefs were not only chasing it away but also punishing me for wanting it!

Consequently if I examine the huge successes I’ve had in my life (such as my marriage, my family, and my profession – to name a few very important ones) I was always very certain that I was making the right decisions, that I would be successful, and that things would work out for the best. And I was right!

Deliberate attraction at work in my life is easy to see, and not just in my failures. I was a believer and I set out to put things right! I’ll get started on what I did to put things right next time.

Stay tuned…



To the God in You,
Gregory K

By the way, if you're interested in learning about the very real science behind the law of attraction and how to manifest abundance, read my lens on Squidoo.

No comments: